- FIBA WORLD CUP PODCAST ON NBA.COM EPISODE 172 - JOHN DIMOPOULOS
- MAY 23rd - TURKISH TBL PLAYOFFS - TURK TELEKOM TIE UP SERIES 1-1
1. Turk Telekom 88 Anadolu Efes 83 - Chris Johnson (22 PT) Nenad Krstic (22 PT)
- Sixers Pick - Dario Saric - 18(PT)29(M)8-14(FG)2-5(3PT)0-0(FT)6(R)5(A)1(BK)4(TO)
- NBA FINALS X-FACTOR ?? MAYBE T. MOZGOV 23 PT 29 R VS GSTATE & BOGUT
- EUROLEAGUE 2015 CHAMPIONS - REAL MADRID DEFEAT OLYMPIACOS
- TIMOFEY MOZGOV & PERO ANTIC NOT NBA DRAFTED - MANY MORE IN EJBB TOP 25
- NBA LOTTERY - KNICKS FALL TO 4 - SHOULD TRY EJBB PLAN IF PHILLY WILL NOT
- TOP EUROS FOR 2015 NBA DRAFT
- MARIO HEZONJA & KRISTAPS PORZINGIS BEST EURO ATHLETES IN DRAFT MAYBE EVER
The 2015 NBA Draft will have two SPECIAL Euros in it, as Croatian 6 foot 8 inch wing player Mario Hezonja and Latvian 7 foot 1 inch stretch PF Kristaps Porzingis are not the normal below the rim fundamental players from Europe, as both have major JUMPING ABILITY, to go along with their good deep shooting strokes.
EJBB listens to national sports radio and Philly sports talk radio and the names, Jahil Okafor, Karl Towns, DeAngelo Russell and Emannuel Mudiay, in that order are the consesus top four picks of the upcoming NBA Draft, but EJBB says not so fast, if this was the NBA of the past, then Okafor and his back to the bucket post moves would be a great pick, but if you look at the NBA of today, with Steph Curry, LeBron James and James Harden dominating games from the perimeter, few NBA coaches and teams feed the Post, as the Okafor post moves might look good in college, but they are not the Donatas Motiejunas DREAM SHAKES that make defenders LOOK SILLY, but only get 3 to 5 post touches per game in Houston.
EJBB thinks Karl Towns will be a Rasheed Wallace kind of player in the NBA and of the two PG's, DeAngelo Russell is the better fit of the NBA game today, as he reminds of a James Harden type, that can stroke the outside shot and Mudiay reminds more of a Tyreke Evans that loves to drive to the bucket and playing versus D2 NCAA level PG's in China, their was no need to work on his jumper, as the China league PG's had no shot of keeping him out of the paint, all that is great, but the UPSIDE of the top two Euros in this NBA Draft, is TOO HARD to pass up in EJBB opinion.
The Knicks fell to four in the Draft and New York and national media are upset at not getting a top 3 pick, but if the Knicks draft Mario Hezonja or Kristaps Porzingis, in five years, they will be laughing at the SO CALLED EXPERT Mock Draft guys. EJBB likes Hezonja over Porzingis from Europe, because he can put the ball on the floor and get his own shot better than Porzingis and in EJBB opinion, Hezonja can stick the 3 point shot like Klay Thompson, but has a Manu Ginobili type of ability to set other players up, off the dribble, Dunk on bigger players and can stick the Deep 3 like Ginobili. Porzingis is an athletic version of Dirk Nowitzki, that can block shots and though he does not have the DIRK one foot fadeaway yet, he can hit the deep 3 and at 7 foot 1 is hard to pass up, with all of the shot blocking ability and offensive skill level at such a young age. The Mario Hezonja numbers might not be as good as Porzingis, but that is due to Hezonja playing on a deeper roster in the Spanish ACB with FC Barcelona at 24-9 and a Euroleague power, rather than the 11-22 Cajasol club that Porzingis got more chance to show his skills with, if Hezonja was on a mid-level club in Europe, he would average over 22 points per game and would be more hyped.
- TOP EUROS FOR 2015 NBA DRAFT
1. Mario Hezonja - SG/SF - Croatian 95 - 6' 8" - FC Barcelona - Spain - MIX - MIX - MIX
2. Kristaps Porzingis - PF/SF - Latvian 95 - 7' 1" - Cajasol - Spain - MIX - MIX - MIX
3. Aleksandar Vezenkov - PF/SF - Bulgarian 95 - 6' 9" - Aris - Greece - MIX - MIX - MIX
4. Guillermo Hernangomez - C/PF - Spanish 94 - 6' 11" - Cajasol - Spain - MIX - MIX
5. Dimitrios Agravanis - PF - Greek 94 - 6' 10" - Olympiacos - Greece - MIX - MIX
6. Mouhammadou Jaiteh - C - French 94 - 6' 11" - Nanterre - France - MIX - MIX
7. Cedi Osman - SG/PG - Turkish 95 - 6' 7" - Anadolu Efes - Turkey - MIX - MIX
8. Dani Diez - SF/PF - Spanish 93 - 6' 8" - Gipuzjoa - Spain - MIX - MIX
9. Luka Mitrovic - PF - Serbian 93 - 6' 9" - Crvena Zvezda - Serbia - MIX - MIX
10. Marc Garcia - SG - Spanish 96 - 6' 6" - Manresa - Spain - MIX - MIX
11. Nikola Milutinov - C - Serbian 94 - 7' 0" - Partizan - Serbia - MIX - MIX
12. Eleftherios Bochoridis - PG - Greek 94 - 6' 5 " - Panathinaikos - Greece - MIX - MIX
13. Timothe Luwawu - SG - French 95 - 6' 7" - Antibes - France B - MIX - MIX
14. Mateusz Ponitka - SG - Polish 93 - 6' 6" - Oostende - Belgium - MIX - MIX
15. Arturas Gudaitis - C - Lithuanian 93 - 6' 11" - Zalgiris - Lithuania - MIX - MIX
16. Moussa Diagne - C - Senegal/Spain 94 - 6' 11" - Fuenlabrada - Spain - MIX - MIX
17. Nikola Radicevic - PG - Serbian 94 - 6' 5" - Cajasol - Spain - MIX - MIX
18. Paul Zipser - SF/PF - German 94 - 6' 8" - Bayern Munich - Germany - MIX - MIX