- IND 99 MIAMI 92 SERIES TIED 2-2 - MIAMI NEEDS A BIG CENTER BOUROUSIS ??
- 2013 EL FINAL - TONY PARKER 2007 NBA FINALS MVP - PARKER 55 PTS - ASVEL
- GINOBILI 48 PTS - GINOBILI 2005 FINALS - GINOBILI GOLD OLYMPICS - EL TITLE
- DUNCAN MVP 2005 - 53 PT TD - SPLITTER ACB FINAL MVP - EJBB SA SPLITTER 2011 ??
- TONY PARKER SENDS SPURS BACK TO NBA FINALS WITH 37 POINT GAME IN 4-0 SWEEP
1. Spurs 93 Grizzlies 86 - French national team PG Tony Parker won his first NBA title at the age of 21 in 2003 and was named NBA Finals MVP in 2007 against LeBron James and the Cavs, as Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan won the 2003, 2005 and 2007 NBA championships together. At age 31 Tony Parker put the Spurs on his back in game 4 versus the Memphis Grizzlies, helping San Antonio grab a 4-0 sweep in the Western conference Finals, with an All-NBA first team kind of game on the road , scoring 37 points in 40 minutes, on 15-21 FG, 1-1(3PT), 6-6 FT, 6 assists and helped hold Mike Conley to 9 points, on 4-13 FG in the Spurs win. Many in the NBA media did not vote for Tony Parker on the All-NBA first team, rather voting for the more flashy handle of Chris Paul of the Clippers, the media probably just took the Spurs for granted as a veteran squad that in recent years does well in the regular season, but is too old to get back to the NBA Finals. Tony Parker showed the media members who voted for the more exciting crossovers of Chris Paul on the first team, that at 31 years of age the French PG is still the top PG in the NBA, as stats for Chris Paul and Tony Parker were pretty much the same during the regular season, but EUROJOHNBBALL thinks if that is the case, then the nod should have gone to Tony Parker, who has come up with big games in past NBA Finals and although Chris Paul also has played well in some past NBA playoff games, none of his teams have even reached a conference Finals, let alone winning the NBA Finals MVP like Parker. The vet Spurs squad lost to the Grizzlies in 2011 in 6 games, as Coach Popovich chose to guard Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol with a smaller Matt Bonner, rather than using the size of Brazilian national team Center and former Spanish ACB League Finals MVP with Caja Laboral Tiago Splitter, but this time Popovich knew the size of Splitter was the way to go, as Randolph struggled all series with the Splitter and Duncan double teams in the paint. It has been six years since the trio of Parker, Duncan and Ginobili have gone to the NBA Finals and the veteran squad will get a long rest to heal their bodies, as game one of the NBA Finals starts on June 6th. If the Spurs get the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals and they beat LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh for the 4th Spurs trio NBA title together, then EUROJOHNBBALL thinks that Duncan, Parker and Ginobili should be considered in the conversation as the best NBA trio ever, as Magic Johnson, Kareem and James Worthy were great together, but James Worthy did not have go to guy ability like Ginobili in his prime from the top of the key and as Parker has now. James Worthy had some great playoff games, but his period of time of a go to guy was not as long as Manu or Parker. The Spurs have a unique trio, with a Hall of Fame go to guy in the post with Duncan and two go to guy Hall of Fame PG's in Parker and Ginobili that could break down the defense. The Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish trio was also great, but Robert Parrish was not the threat as a go to guy at the end of games like Ginobili, Parker and Duncan were. The bottom line is if the Spurs win the 2013 NBA Finals, they need more respect from the American media outlets that have taken the greatness of this trio for granted for years. The NBA and the main TV outlets of ABC, ESPN and TNT have done a horrible job of promoting the Spurs and EUROJOHNBBALL thinks that is part of the problem as to why they have not gotten good TV ratings in the NBA Finals, whether it is due to the foreign accents of Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Tiago Splitter or Fabricio Oberto and Rasho Necterovic in past years. Other than Charles Barkley on TNT, who for years has talked up Manu Ginobili with the Barkley call of GINOBILIIIIIIIIIII after one of his younger day thunderous dunks over taller players, the rest of the TV media did little with highlight packages on NBA TV commercials to show the great athletic dunk plays of Ginobili to the casual NBA Finals fan. If the Spurs meet the Heat, one of the big flaws in the Heat defensive game, is trying to control small PG's that are aggressive on the offensive end, as the last playoff series loss for LeBron, Wade and Bosh was against the Dallas Mavs in the 2011 NBA Finals, with J.J Barea giving the Heat major problems off the dribble, getting into the lane. The small PG flaw on defense was shown versus the Chicago Bulls and small Nate Robinson in the Heat previous series, as Robinson was in attack mode in the Bulls game one win in Miami, with Nate Robinson goiing for 27 points, but Robinson stopped being agressive off the dribble, rather taking deep 3 point shots, as the PG handle of the more football based Robinson is not as good as J.J Barea and nowhere near the driving ability of a Tony Parker, who does not settle for the deep 3 point shots, but rather kills his defenders with tear drop floaters, mid-range jumpers and Earl The Pearl Spin moves getting to the bucket. In the end the Spurs play what the national media call boring, fundemental, vanilla or too much Euro based basketball, with no AND 1 hyped crossover dribbles, but if the Spurs do face Lebron and the Heat and win their 4th NBA title together then history will say they indeed are one of the best NBA trios ever and their should be no question who the top NBA PG is, his name is French national team PG Tony Parker, with his French accent or not.
- Tony Parker 2012-13 - 66(G)20.3(PT)52.2(FG)35.3(3PT)84.5(FT)7.6(A)
- Chris Paul 2012-13 - 70(G)16.9(PT)48.1(FG)32.8(3PT)88.5(FT)9.7(A)
- NBA GLOBAL TOP SCORERS 2012-13 REGULAR SEASON