- FIBA WORLD CUP PODCAST ON NBA.COM EPISODE 172 JOHN DIMOPOULOS
- IT IS A JOKE THAT MARIO HEZONJA IS AT 6, 7, 8 OR 9th IN NBA MOCK DRAFTS
- WAKE UP MOCK DRAFTS - HEZONJA BEST WING IN DRAFT - NBA NOW WING GAME
- EL APRIL 17th - ANADOLU EFES BLOW 7 PT LEAD LATE IN 90-85 LOSS - RM UP 2-0
- REAL MADRID 90 ANADOLU EFES 85 - FULL 4th QUARTER
- Sixers Pick - Dario Saric - 11(PT)29(M)3-9(FG)1-5(3PT)4-4(FT)9(R)1(S)0(A)2(TO)
- Rockets Pick - Sergio Llull - 18(PT)12(A)33(M)6-13(FG)3-8(3PT)3-6(FT)3(R)2(S)1(TO)
- EL APRIL 17th - OLYMPIACOS TIE SERIES 1-1 WITH 76-63 WIN VS FC BARCELONA
- TOP 3 EUROS FOR 2015 NBA DRAFT - 1. M Hezonja 2. K Porzingis 3. A Vezenkov
- THE TOP 25 EURO VETS - NOT DRAFTED BY NBA BUT COULD HELP NBA TEAMS
- EL PLAYOFFS - M. HEZONJA DUNK - TOP 5 PLAYS GM 1 - G. AYON MVP GM 1
- 26 YR OLD GUSTAVO AYON MAKES NBA - EJBB 10 DAYS BEFORE - COINCIDENCE ?
- APRIL 16th - EL - FENERBAHCE UP 2-0 WITH 82-67 WIN VS 2014 CHAMPS
- Suns Pick - Bogdan Bogdanovic - 11(PT)28(M)4-13(FG)3-8(3PT)0-0(FT)5(R)2(A)
- EL - CSKA MOSCOW UP 2-0 WITH 100-80 WIN OVER PANATHINAIKOS
- 18 YR OLD SF - Vasileios Charalampopoulos - 14(PT)21(M)5-5(FG)2-2(3PT)2-2(FT)
- APRIL 15th - EL PLAYOFFS - FULL GAME - REAL MADRID 80 ANADOLU EFES 71
- Sixers Pick - Dario Saric - 13(PT)25(M)4-9(FG)2-4(3PT)3-4(FT)5(R)1(A)1(S)1(TO)
- REAL MADRID GO UP 1-0 K.C RIVERS & GUSTAVO AYON LEAD THE WAY
1. Real Madrid 80 Anadolu Efes 72 - The Spanish power go up 1-0, as they try to get to the Final Four again this year, after losing in the Final to Maccabi Tel Aviv. American SF K.C Rivers led the way with 21 points in 23 minutes, on 6-9 FG, making 6-7 from 3 point land, 3-3 FT, 5 rebounds and was followed by the best Mexican player in the world Center Gustavo Ayon with 14 points, 10 rebounds, on 5-7 FG, 4-4 FT, while Spanish veteran glue-guy PF Felipe Reyes added 12 points, Spanish SF Rudy Fernandez 10 points and Spanish combo-guard Sergio Llull added 6 points, 7 assists.
Anadolu Efes was led by Sixers first round pick , Croatian PF Dario Saric with 13 points in 25 minutes, on 4-9 FG, 2-4(3PT), 3-4 FT, 5 rebounds and was followed by young 19 year old Turkish SG Cedi Osman with 11 points, on 4-7 FG, 1-2(3PT), 2-4 FT, while Serbian Center Nenad Krstic added 9 points, 6 rebounds.
- FC BARCELONA GO UP 1-0 WINNING BOARDS 40-24 IN 17 POINT WIN
2. FC Barcelona 73 Olympiacos 57 - The Spanish power go up 1-0, as they outrebounded Greek power Olympiacos 40-24 and win game one by 17 points. Olympiacos was without 3 time EL Final Four MVP Greek PG Vassilis Spanoulis for a long time this season, and they got him back for game one of the playoffs, but Spanoulis was not at MVP level in game one, playing just 10 minutes and scoring just one point, on 0-4 FG, 0-2(3PT), 1-2 FT and if Spanoulis does not come back strong in game two and play at his usual MVP level, it will be tough for Olympiacos to advance to the Final Four. Young 20 year old Greek PF Dimittrios Agravanis led Olympiacos with 9 points, on 4-6 FG, 1-1(3PT), and American PF Othello Hunter added 7 points, on 3-6 FG, 1-2 FT.
FC Barcelona was led by Slovenian SF-PF Bostan Nachbar with 10 points in 12 minutes, on 3-3 from 3 point land, 1-2 FT and veteran Spanish SG Juan Carlos Navarro also had 10 points, on 4-11 FG, 2-5(3PT), while Czech PG Tomas Satoransky added 9 points, on 3-5 FG, 2-2(3PT), 6 rebounds and Polish PF Maciej Lampe added 8 points, 9 rebounds in the game one win.
Croatian 20 year old SG-SF Mario Hezonja played 17 minutes and scored 5 points, on 2-6 FG, 0-2(3PT), 1-1 FT, 3 rebounds, 1 assist. The depth on the perimeter for FC Barcelona is not the best thing for Mario Hezonja and his skills will be a better fit in the more wide open NBA game, as the NBA is now a wing game.
- EUROLEAGUE PLAYOFFS GAME ONE - APRIL 14th
- CSKA MOSCOW WIN BY 27 & LOOK READY TO MAKE UP FOR 2012 LOST EL TITLE
1. CSKA Moscow 93 Panathinaikos 66 - The power from Russia always are in the mix for a Euroleague title and CSKA Moscow showed their depth and scoring ability in game one of the Euroleague playoffs versus Greek power Panathinaikos, winning by 27 points. Milos Teodosic and Andrei Kirilenko were part of the CSKA Moscow team that lost the 2012 Euroleague title to Vassilis Spanoulis and Olympiacos.
Teodosic and Kirilenko are looking for their first Euroleague title and today, Serbian PG Milos Teodosic led the way with 18 points in 19 minutes, on 7-8 FG, 4-5(3PT), dished 8 assists and Russian former NBA forward Andrei Kirilenko added 12 points, on 5-7 FG, making 1-1(3PT), 1-2 FT, while American SF Demetris Nichols made 3-3(3PT) and Georgian SF Manuchar Markoishvili made 3-4(3PT) with both scoring 13 points apiece, as CSKA Moscow made 14-27 from 3 point land, compared to 7-19 for Panathinaikos. The Greek squad was led by number 20 on the EJBB top 25 Euro Vets that could help NBA teams, with PG Nikos Pappas scoring 16 points in 23 minutes, on 5-9 FG, 2-4(3PT), 4-4 FT and was followed by American PF James Gist with 14 points, while Greek Center Loukas Mavrokefalides added 10 points.
- DEFENDING 2014 EL CHAMPS DOWN 0-1 WITH NO TYRESE RICE OR DAVID BLATT
2. Fenerbahce 80 Maccabi Tel Aviv 72 - To say Maccabi Tel Aviv was an underdog at the 2014 EL Final Four, would be an understatement, but led by PG Tyrese Rice and coach David Blatt, Maccabi Tel Aviv shocked the European basketball world last year, beating CSKA Moscow in the Semis and then beating Real Madrid in the Final, to bring glory back to the yellow of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Tyrese Rice signed with Khimki Moscow in the summer and David Blatt found himself in the NBA coaching LeBron James and the Cavs, so beating a deeper Fenerbahce squad, that played the Spurs tough in the NBA preseason could be tough for Maccabi Tel Aviv, in this series.
Former NBA PG Jeremy Pargo did his best Tyrese Rice impression, leading Maccabi Tel Aviv with 25 points, 8 assists, on 9-17 FG, 1-5(3PT), 6-7 FT, but Devin Smith was held to 10 points, while Alex Tyus added 11 points, 11 rebounds and Israeli PG Yogev Ohayon added 12 points, 6 assists, making 3-4(3PT).
Fenerbahce was led by former NBA Czech PF Jan Vesely with 23 points in 21 minutes, on 11-14 FG, 1-2 FT, 7 rebounds and was followed by Serbian PF Nemanja Bjelica with 13 points, 12 rebounds, while Turkish center Luka Zoric added 10 points. The game one win for Fenerbahce was big because their main perimeter threats American SG Andrew Goudelock was held to 8 points, on 4-8 FG, 0-1(3PT) and Serbian SG and Suns first round pick Bogdan Bogdanovic was held to 5 points, on just 1-9 FG, 1-4(3PT), 2-2 FT, but are still up 1-0 on the defending 2014 EL champs in their best of 5 series.