- FIBA WORLD CUP PODCAST ON NBA.COM EPISODE 172 - JOHN DIMOPOULOS
- LAST LOSS NBA USA STARS - GREECE 101 USA 95 IN 2006
- APRIL 24th - EUROCUP FINAL GAME ONE - KHIMKI M. 91 GRAN CANARIA 66
- APRIL 26th - TURKISH TBL - ANADOLU EFES 84 FENERBAHCE 82
- Suns Pick - Bogdan Bogdanovic - 24(PT)33(M)6-13(FG)2-5(3PT)10-10(FT)6(R)3(A)3(S)
- Sixers Pick - Dario Saric - 11(PT)21(M)5-7(FG)0-2(3PT)1-2(FT)4(R)1(A)3(TO)
- APRIL 25th - NBA PLAYOFFS - BOJAN BOGDANOVIC 19 PTS
- APRIL 23rd - NBA PLAYOFFS - GIANNIS ANTETEKOUNMPO 25 PT 12 REB
- APRIL 23rd - G. PRINTEZIS SERIES WINNER - EL 2012 TITLE GAME WINNER
- TOP NBA EURO & NATIONAL TEAM SCORERS 2014-15 NBA SEASON
- TOP 25 EURO VETS NOT NBA DRAFTED - MANY ARE IN EUROLEAGUE PLAYOFFS
- WAKE UP MOCK DRAFTS - MARIO HEZONJA BETTER THAN 9th PICK - EYE TEST
- APRIL 23rd - EL PLAYOFFS GAME FOUR
- OLYMPIACOS WIN SERIES 3-1 V. SPANOULIS & G. PRINTEZIS CLUTCH AGAIN
1. Olympiacos 71 FC Barcelona 68 - EJBB wrote after the game three loss to Olympiacos and being down to the 2012 and 2013 Euroleague champs, that FC Barcelona and coach Xavier Pascual, would have to ditch the veteran approach to this series, of going big minutes on the perimeter with Juan Carlos Navarro and Brad Oleson, but rather use the athletic young legs of Mario Hezonja and Alex Abrines, to steal a win in Greece and extend to a game 5 in Spain. SG Alex Abrines played 20 minutes in game four, 11 points, on 4-9 FG, 2-7(3PT), 1-2 FT but Xavier Pascual decided that Brad Oleson 21 minutes, 1-3 FG, 1-1(3PT), 2-2 FT, 5 points and American SF Deshaun Thomas 13 minutes, 1-5 FG, 0-1(3PT), 2-2 FT, 4 points, were better options than the explosive fire power of Croatian SG Mario Hezonja, who played ZERO minutes in the Olympiacos series ending win.
Mario Hezonja played well in two games versus Real Madrid this year and had an 8-8 night from 3 point land in Spanish ACB play, but in the end, by Xavier Pascual not playing the Most Explosive young perimeter Euro since the Manu Ginobili days in the Italian league, he gave Olympiacos a chance to pay more attention to the 3 point stroke of Juan Carlos Navarro, who was just 2-6 on FG, 1-3(3PT), 3-4 FT for 8 points, while Ante Tomic led them with 13 points, 7 rebounds and Czech PG Tomas Satoransky played well with 12 points, 7 rebounds, but with no Hezonja on the court, FC Barcelona had to hit on better than 6-20 from deep and 18-25 from FT stripe to get the win.
Olympiacos used the HORRIBLE DECISION of coach Pascual not playing Hezonja in their favor, as the usual guys showed up in the 2nd half comeback, with Greek PF Georgios Printezis hitting the series game winning 3 point shot, off a great play call by coach Giannis Sferopoulos, with all the attention on the King of Euro basketball, Vassilis Spanoulis, he dished to Kostas Sloukas at the FT line and with two players on Spanoulis, Printezis was wide open for the clutch winning shot. Printezis finished with 14 points, on 5-14 FG, 1-6(3PT), 3-4 FT and Vassilis Spanoulis came alive in the 2nd half, after a slow first half, finishing with 17 points, 5 assists, on 6-11 FG, 3-7(3PT), 2-2 FT, while Greek SG Evangelos Mantzaris was clutch again with 11 points, on 4-5 FG, 3-4(3PT), Greek PG Kostas Sloukas had the big assist to Printezis and added 6 points, while American SF Brent Petway and American Center Othello Hunter added 8 points apiece in the win.
- REAL MADRID WIN SERIES 3-1 RUDY FERNANDEZ & SERGIO LLULL 31 PT COMB
1. Real Madrid 76 Anadolu Efes 63 - The Turkish squad was up 39-33 at the half, but the deeper and more veteran Real Madrid squad put in together in the 2nd half and are on their way to the Final Four in Spain.
Spanish SF Rudy Fernandez led Real Madrid with 17 points and was followed by Spanish combo-guard Sergio Llull with 14 points, while Spanish PG Sergio Rodriguez had 12 points, American SG Jaycee Carroll 10 points and Spanish PF Felipe Reyes 10 points in the series clincher on the road. Real Madrid made 11-28 from 3 point land compared to just 5-21 for Anadolu Efes, as game three hero American SG Matt Janning was held to 10 points, on 2-6 from the 3 point line, Serbian Center Nenad Krstic led in scoring with 16 points, 5-6 FG, 6-6 FT and Sixers NBA first round pick, Croatian PF Dario Saric had 9 points, 12 bebounds, 5 assists and Real Madrid did a good job of holding French PG Thomas Huertel to 1-7 FG, 1-3(3PT), 3 points and Turkish SG Cedi Osman had just 2 points, on 2-2 FT, 0-7 FG, 0-4(3PT).
- Sixers Pick - Dario Saric - 9(PT)12(R)28(M)2-4(FG)0-1(3PT)5-7(FT)5(A)1(BK)5(TO)
- Rudy Fernandez - 17(PT)31(M)6-15(FG)3-7(3PT)2-2(FT)6(R)3(A)1(S)1(TO)
- Rockets Pick - Sergio Llull - 14(PT)34(M)6-12(FG)2-3(3PT)0-0(FT)5(A)3(R)1(TO)
- EUROLEAGUE FINAL FOUR MATCHUPS - MAY 15th - SPAIN
- 1. Olympiacos VS CSKA Moscow 2. Real Madrid VS Fenerbahce
- APRIL 22nd - EL PLAYOFFS GAME FOUR
- DEEP CSKA MOSCOW ROSTER WIN SERIES 3-1 ADVANCE TO FINAL FOUR
1. CSKA Moscow 74 Panathinaikos 55 - Greek power Panathinaikos won game 3 by one point to stay alive, making 16-31 from 3 point land, but in the game four loss today, Panathinaikos only hit on 4-21 from deep, with the hero of game three Greek guard Nikos Pappas only making 1-8 this time from deep, compared to 5-7 last game and Pappas led Panathinaikos with 11 points, on 4-12 FG, 2-2 FT, 5 steals, 3 assists, but against the deep roster of CSKA Moscow, Pappas and Panathinaikos needed another 25 point game to have a shot. Pappas was followed by PF James Gist and Center Loukas Mavrokefalidis with 10 points apiece and Greek PG Dimitris Diamantidis added 9 points, 5 assists, but hit on just 2-8 FG, 1-5 from deep, as the older Panathinaikos squad are done and CSKA Moscow look for the EL title at the Final Four.
CSKA Moscow was led by French combo-guard Nando De Colo with 18 points, making 4-4 from deep, 6-11 FG, 2-3 FT and was followed by Russian SF Andrei Kirilenko with 13 points, 10 rebounds, on 5-11 FG, 1-3 from deep, 2-2 FT, 3 blocked shots, while American PF Kyle Hines added 12 points, on 5-6 FG, 2-3 FT and American SF Sonny Weems added 11 points in the road win in Greece.
- EUROLEAGUE GAME 3 PLAYOFFS - TOP 5 PLAYS
- EL PLAYOFFS MVP GAME 3 - NIKOS PAPPAS 25 PTS - PAPPAS ON EJBB TOP 25
- FENERBAHCE SWEEP 2014 EL CHAMPS 3-0 & ADVANCE TO FINAL FOUR IN SPAIN
1. Fenerbahce 75 Maccabi Tel Aviv 74 - The first team in the 2015 EL Final four are Turkish squad Fenerbahce, as they won game three on the road and sweep Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-0 to advance to the Final Four. Greek PG Nikos Zisis led Fenerbahce in scoring with 19 points in 34 minutes, on 7-11 FG, 3-4(3PT), 2-4 FT, 5 assists and was followed by American SG Andrew Goudelock with 15 points, along with the game winning drive to the hoop, on 5-15 FG, 2-7(3PT), 3-3 FT, while Czech PF Jan Vesely added 12 points, 8 rebounds and Suns first round pick Serbian SG Bogdan Bogdanovic added 8 points in 35 minutes, 3-10 FG, 2-6 from 3 point land. Maccabi Tel Aviv was led in scoring by American PG Jeremy Pargo with 21 points in 39 minutes, on 8-20 FG, 2-7(3PT), 3-3 FT and was followed by American PF Brian Randle with 19 points, 10 rebounds, but Maccabi Tel Aviv only made 6-25 from 3 point land, compared to 10-24 by Fenerbahce. EJBB thought it was ODD that Maccabi Tel Aviv would not give 2014 Euroleague Final Four MVP PG Tyrese Rice a big money deal to stay this year, instead they are done in EL playoffs, while Tyrese Rice will play in Eurocup Final with Khimki Moscow.
- OLYMPIACOS UP 2-1 IN SERIES - G. PRINTEZIS & V. SPANOULIS 34 PT COMBINED
2. Olympiacos 73 FC Barcelona 71 - EJBB said that if FC Barcelona wanted to grab a win in Greece, they would have to use the young legs and skilled offensive fire power of Croatian SG Mario Hezonja ans Spanish SG Alex Abrines, to speed up the game and get the loud Greek crowd out of the game. FC Barcelona coach Xavier Pascual did not agree with the young legs logic, as NBA bound lottery pick Mario Hezonja only played in the first half, 9 minutes and got only 2 FG shots off, 1-2 FG, 0-1(3PT) and never saw the court again, even after a nice drive to the hoop from the top of the key, (WAKE UP COACH PASCUAL GIVE HEZONJA THE BALL AT TOP OF KEY), while Alex Abrines played 13 minutes and was 2-5 on FG, 0-1 from deep, 4 points, but instead coach Pascual went with older wing players Juan Carlos Navarro, 28 minutes, 9-9 FT, but just 2-9 FG, 1-4 from deep and American SG Brad Oleson, 19 minutes, 2-6 FG, 5 points, but only 1-5 from deep. Juan Carlos Navarro has been a legend with FC Barcelona and Brad Oleson helped Caja Laboral upset FC Barcelona in Spanish ACB Finals in the past, but not using the more athletic Hezonja and Abrines will in the end, send FC Barcelona home, and out of the EL playoffs if they again watch from the bench in game Four.
Olympiacos used the bad coaching decision by FC Barcelona, to go up 2-1, with another game coming up in Greece, as Georgios Printezis and Vassilis Spanoulis again led the way, with Greek PF Printezis scoring 19 points in 26 minutes, on 7-13 FG, 2-6(3PT), 3-4 FT, 4 rebounds, while Greek PG Spanoulis had 15 points, 8 assists, on 3-8 FG, 2-5(3PT), 7-10 FT, while American Center Bryant Dunston adding 8 points in the win. FC Barcelona was led by Juan Carlos Navarro with 14 points and was followed by Czech PG Tomas Satoransky with 12 points in 24 minutes, on 4-8 FG, 2-3(3PT), 2-2 FT, as he started strong early, but shots went to Navarro, Oleson and American PF Justin Doellman later, who also added 10 points, but only 2-8 FG, 1-5 from 3 point land.
- ANADOLU EFES STILL ALIVE DOWN 2-1 NOW AFTER MATT JANNING BUZZER BEATER
3. Anadolu Efes 75 Real Madrid 72 - After blowing a 7 point lead in Spain, Anadolu Efes was down two games to none, going back to Turkey, but American SG Matt Janning came alive in the second half and led them in scoring with 21 points in 19 minutes, on 8-10 FG, 5-7(3PT), including the Buzzer game winning 3 point shot, after Jaycee Carroll tied it up with a Real Madrid 3 pointer. Janning was followed by Serbian Center Nanad Krstic with 17 points, 7 rebounds, on 7-9 FG, 3-3 FT, while French PG Thomas Huertel added 9 points, Turkish SG Cedi Osman 8 points and Sixers First round pick, Croatian PF Dario Saric added 7 points, 15 rebounds, on 3-12 FG, 1-3(3PT), 0-2 FT, 4 assists. Real Madrid was led by Spanish PG Sergio Rodriguez with 17 points, on 7-15 FG, 2-7(3PT), 1-1 FT and was followed by SG Sergio Llull with 15 points, but just 2-7 from deep and Rudy Fernandez had 12 points, but just 2-8 from deep.
- PANATHINAIKOS STAY ALIVE DOWN 2-1 GUARD NIKOS PAPPAS 25 PTS LEADS
4. Panathinaikos 86 CSKA Moscow 85 - The Russian power looked real deep and ready for a sweep after the first two games in Russia, but in Greece, Panathinaikos caught fire from 3 point land making a great percentage 16-31 from deep, compared to 9-26 for CSKA Moscow in the one point win. Greek combo-guard Nikos Pappas showed the reason EJBB put him in the Top 25 List of Euros not NBA drafted, but could help NBA teams, as he went for 25 points in 30 minutes, on 7-12 FG, 5-7(3PT), 6-8 FT, 4 assits, 4 steals, while Greek legend PG Dimitris Diamantidis addded 15 points, 7 assists, on 3-4 FG, 2-3 from deep, 7-8 FT, Greek PF Antonis Fotsis also threw back the clock, making 4-5 from deep, 12 points, American PF James Gist 11 points and Greek SF Vladimir Jankovic 9 points in the win. CSKA Moscow was led in scoring by American SF Sonny Weems with 24 points, on 9-11 FG, 4-5 from deep, 2-2 FT and was followed by French combo-guard Nando DeColo with 19 points, on 7-13 FG, 3-5(3PT), 2-2 FT, Serbian PG Milos Teodosic 12 points, 9 assists , Russian SF Andrei Kirilenko 11 points and American PF Kyle Hines 10 points.